FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

Hello from miserable Britain

If you so choose, place your introduction here, and again - we do Welcome you to FORCES. Also, please note that The Tavern has a LIVE CHAT feature, just click on the link above!

Hello from miserable Britain

Postby Phil Williams » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:04 pm

Hi fellow victims!
I'm Phil and from Norfolk (UK), a flat, desolate and depressing wasteland. At least it has been since July 1st when our glorious reich minister decreed that happiness and social enjoyment were unhealthy sins. Now the health fascists have apointed themselves guardians of public morals and anything less than total obedience is met with the full weight of their law.
When I grew up I was always proud of my country, but now I feel ashamed for what it has become. When I was in my last years of school we had the Falklands war which spawned a rebirth of jingoistic national bride. As soon as I left school I promptly joined the army to defend this nation against the suposed cold war threat of hairy arsed russians coming over here and stealing our freedom. I don't think russian bottoms are any more hairy than ours, it was just an expression at the time. Imagine my shock recently to find that for all our efforts to defend freedom, it wasn't an invading army that stole it, but our own government armed with nothing more than a big wedge of bogus statistics. The same statistics that Hitlers croonies dreampt up seventy years ago. All our leaders had to do was Tip-ex out the swasticas and pass it off as their own.
Sorry I'm ranting, and to the wrong people, you're all equally anoyed with this healthist nonsense. I'm just happy to be amoungst likeminded people.
Keep up the good work, and when this is over lets look forward to rounding up the colaborators of this regime and doing unpleasant things to them, like smoking in pubs thereby forcing upon them the horrible situation where they have to CHOOSE whether or not to enter. How awful for them. :wink:
If we won the war, why are we ruled by nazis?
Phil Williams

Postby chuckles » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:19 pm

Welcome Phil Ive also seen you on F2C and great to have you here. I empathise with exactly your feeling. I left the UK yesterday and I am now in Italy where there is also a ban.
chuckles

Postby tnsmoker » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:24 pm

Welcome, Phil!
Smoke'em if ya got'em!
tnsmoker

Postby Ariel » Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:17 pm

Heya Phil! From a like-minded person. We'll try to get some chats going at times convenient for all of us.
Ariel

Postby DancingTigerBait » Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:54 am

Ariel wrote:Heya Phil! From a like-minded person. We'll try to get some chats going at times convenient for all of us.

Rehi, Phil! :-)

And, Ariel, we were just talking at the last chat about how we need to make chat times equally convenient for our British cousins! Hmmm...let's just have a conference on a (smoking-permitted) cruise ship midway across the Atlantic!
DancingTigerBait

Postby Phil Williams » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:27 am

If we stray into international waters, the ASH navy will torpedo us. There's no limit to their reach.
I can chat most times, even at work. My boss hasn't caught me smoking and drinking beer, so I doubt he'll catch me on the internet. Strange thing is he's an anti smoker, yet since the ban he believes the air smells cleaner in my warehouse and office. Just goes to show its all in his head, since my mate and I have never stopped smoking in there.
If we won the war, why are we ruled by nazis?
Phil Williams

Postby DancingTigerBait » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:57 am

Phil Williams wrote:Strange thing is he's an anti smoker, yet since the ban he believes the air smells cleaner in my warehouse and office. Just goes to show its all in his head, since my mate and I have never stopped smoking in there.

Yep. He needs some ASDS recovery tips. ;-) Are you flouting the ban? My, my, my. LOL!!

I don't think ASH's reach is so great. In fact, I think it's losing steam quickly. The big reason is that tobacco isn't where the REAL money is now. It's all in Big Pharma! The problem is that drug companies are now getting sued. So, the legislators can't wait around for Pharma to pay them off--especially with the FDA under attack. If they want the BIG money, they'll have to start attacking Big Pharma.

More than that, I think legislators are getting tired of pandering to the whims of arAntis. They've wasted more money on antismoking--only to have the economies fall apart.

Just my humble opinion.
DancingTigerBait

Return to Introductions Section