FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

Another John here.

If you so choose, place your introduction here, and again - we do Welcome you to FORCES. Also, please note that The Tavern has a LIVE CHAT feature, just click on the link above!

Another John here.

Postby TheBigYin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:21 pm

Hello good people at FORCES. I came here via the freedom2choose website not realizing you had a forum. Since, and even before, the UK smoking ban came in I've been fuming mad about being herded outside pubs like a modern day leper and I am totally committed to amending this stupid and draconian law by sending out leaflets and taking posters to landlords to educate their clientèle about the rubbish spouted by the likes of ASH and others concerning SHS (Second Hand Smoke.)

I have just started a website and want to include your site as a source of information and education, if that's ok. My site is http://www.opposingthe-uk-smokingban.org/ Thanks for your indulgence.
The old saying that there are LIES, DAMN LIES AND STATISTICS has never held so true in today's United Kingdom!
TheBigYin

Postby DancingTigerBait » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:48 pm

Welcome, Big Yin!!!

I just put out a post requesting help fidning an old article as I'm now working on my Funnies File.

Great to see you here! I think you'll soon find lots of great folks here--and maybe a few familiar faces. :-)
DancingTigerBait

Postby TheBigYin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:07 pm

Thanks DTB I was looking back to see who recomended me to this site and couldn't find the thread on TBD but glad you welcomed me here. I feel at home already.
The old saying that there are LIES, DAMN LIES AND STATISTICS has never held so true in today's United Kingdom!
TheBigYin

Postby TheBigYin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:10 pm

Wow, has this forum gone luppy? Just noticed I'm classed as a moderator???
must be some sorta glitch. :(
TheBigYin

Postby tnsmoker » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:16 pm

Welcome, TBY! I frequently lurk at the F2C forum (and formerly at The Big Debate forum), but don't post much.

Glad to have you aboard!
Last edited by tnsmoker on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke'em if ya got'em!
tnsmoker

Postby TheBigYin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:26 pm

Thank you tnsmoker for your kind welcome.
TheBigYin

Postby smallbird » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:55 pm

TheBigYin wrote:Wow, has this forum gone luppy? Just noticed I'm classed as a moderator???
must be some sorta glitch. :(

Hey TBY! I think "moderator" in this forum relates to "newbie". We have no power to boot anyone (yet). 8)
smallbird

Postby gilster » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:45 am

Welcome BigYin, invite some more people from Freedom2Choose over here, if you would.
gilster

Postby TheBigYin » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:56 am

This is not a problem gilster I never new you had a forum although I was aware of the forces network. I found this forum through a fellow poster on F2C forum: http://www.freedom2choose.info//forum/index.php We should all stand together about our loss of freedoms, including, but not exclusively the smoking ban, because united we stand, united we fall, a cliche i know, but very true.
TheBigYin

Postby John_R » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:24 pm

United we stand, divided we fall would be the actual cliche.

Welcome Big Yin (John?)
John_R

Postby chuckles » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:53 pm

Welcome TBY another F2C member here(Carlo Em on other forum).
chuckles

Postby DancingTigerBait » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:02 pm

chuckles wrote:Welcome TBY another F2C member here(Carlo Em on other forum).

You're Carlo Em? Ha! Small world!

Man, oh, man. We need to have a party or something so everyone can get to know everyone. Okay, party at my place, tomorrw at 8--who's bringin' the Doritos?
DancingTigerBait

Return to Introductions Section