FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

A Lone Aussie

If you so choose, place your introduction here, and again - we do Welcome you to FORCES. Also, please note that The Tavern has a LIVE CHAT feature, just click on the link above!

A Lone Aussie

Postby John_R » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:21 pm

Hi people. My name is John and I am in Brisbane, Australia. I did spend 5 years in Michigan recently, but the weather is much nicer in my home town.

As I look around I become more and more frustrated by the total power of the insipid whinging antis. In Australia, another round of smoking bans have just been put in place and you are hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't think smoking is dangerous and stupid. Notwithstanding this, there is still something like 20% of the population that smoke.

Of course the bans have significantly impacted the government's poker machine rake-off, but the half witted deputy premier of Queensland says we will more than make it up in health cost savings.

I work as a systems engineer in IT and find that the best and brightest tend to be the smokers. I have noticed the quality of software has plummeted in the last 10 years as they get rid of the smokers.

So how do we turn this around? Antis have become so powerful that they can say anything they like and the media and government just lap it up. Little support from most smokers either, they typically adopt the victim mentality. "Yep trying to quit - too hard - I just an addicted victim and someone else is responsible for my pathetic plight."

The warning labels on cigarette packs here have got to the point where they are just bare faced lies. Here are a couple:

Smoking causes 9 out of 10 lung cancers.
Smoking causes blindness.

Perhaps the lies will become so outrageous that they will fall on their own swords, but I am getting sick of waiting and paying 80% tax per pack.

I note that people have tried writing to politicians and papers with little result. These people just write you off as another crank. Is it worth trying anyway?

I have mentioned Forces to a few people and posted it on my fishing club site a few times also with little result other than I get attacked or called a tobacco executive. When I posted critical of Glowball warming they called me a mining engineer.

Everyone has been thoroughly brainwashed. Time to find a nice cave on Cape York?

Any other ideas?
John_R

Postby gilster » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:16 pm

Welcome to the board John_R,

Lots of kindred spirits here, keep up the fight with people you see and speak to.

You do have your hands full in Australia, they seem more anti then the rest of the countries. Something I can't understand with a country built up by strong minded individuals.

That goes for the United States too :cry:
gilster

Postby Harlow » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:53 pm

Welcome, JohnR - at least here you are among friends.
Harlow

Postby 383rr » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:46 pm

Welcome, John.

Glad to see you here, too.
383rr

Postby John_R » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:56 pm

Gilster,

I can't understand it either. There is no evidence of any fight against the antis in this country.

Unfortunately the myth of the tall bronzed strong willed Aussie has become just that. Been replaced by whining insipid morons like "I Know It All" of recent speakeasy repute.

I think South Australia is the first place in the world to go with the smoke ban in cars.

I am at a loss, can't find one other pro-smoker in the whole country, although there are still plenty smoking on the streets.

I think we need a FORCES Australia. Will have to come up with a strategy.
John_R

Postby DancingTigerBait » Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:31 pm

Hi, John_R! :-)

I know what you mean about the quality of software. As it happens, I've noticed quality plummetting everywhere the rAntis have taken hold including worsened air quality, worse food in my previous favorite restaurants that've gone antismoking, worse....well, bleh, just lousiness and corner-cutting all over. (I note that restaurants that do their best to provide for people who smoke despite the most oppressive antismoking environments tend to maintain decent food and service quality. Hmmm....) Actually, one of my favorite blogs was from an Aussie in the sydney Morning Herald a few years ago: http://blogs.smh.com.au/radar/archives/ ... nt_so.html

I also get very frustrated at the rate that rAntis are going. The good thing is that it really is turning around. In fact, rAntis are becoming associated in peoples' minds as Big Pharma shills and psychologically disturbed people. Also, the banning mentality ushered into the political arena by rAntis is biting most of them in the backside by now attacking their favorites, e.g. drinking and eating. (If you'll notice, many rAntis are trying very hard to deflect attention from their own vices and supposed imperfections. At the risk of being labeled a Bible Basher, Jesus had it right when he said, "Don't pick the speck out of someone else's eye when there's a log in yours." And, BTW, antismoking is *VERY* anti-Christian whether or not many Christians recognize it. Also, if those rAntis calmed down and stopped finger-pointing, they'd realize that their own "vices" really aren't so bad. But I digress....) I've come to the realization that we should live by treating rAntis just as we would any other children throwing irrational tantrums. Well, okay, I don't have children but I do have cats, and when they misbehave they get scolded and a little "time out" in the bathroom. Any chance we could lock the rantis in my bathroom until they decide to behave themselves? At any rate, if a rAnti doesn't want to join my party--or is too obnoxious to be invited--then so be it.

The antismoker mentality is very sick--officially dubbed by many as ASDS. Don't let that "disease of the mind" infect you. Always remember that *you* determine you health. In other words, don't let the turkeys get you down, LOL!! You seem like a bright fella who appreciates other bright people. for that reason, you will probably enjoy the pro-freedom community regardless of your smoking status or anything else. So....

Welcome!! Welcome!!

==> Stephanie
DancingTigerBait

Postby richlady248 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:46 pm

And, BTW, antismoking is *VERY* anti-Christian whether or not many Christians recognize it.

Just for the record, this one does. I think it's the website smokingaloud.com that was put together by another.
richlady248

Postby DancingTigerBait » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:11 pm

richlady248 wrote:
And, BTW, antismoking is *VERY* anti-Christian whether or not many Christians recognize it.

Just for the record, this one does. I think it's the website smokingaloud.com that was put together by another.

Again, I say, "Thank you." *curtsy*

That smokingaloud page is very interesting. I was drawn to a quote:
"Authoritarian and totalitarian regimes - be they fascist or communist in nature - have always sought to destroy the traditional family unit by severing the bonds between parents and their children, thereby increasing the power of the government."

Yes, I see that tendency in antismoking. Very much so. At my last conference, one woman brought her young daughter, who proceded to try to lecture me when I went outside to have a cigarette after the banquet on the last night. Also, see "The Little Puritans" by Bob Morris, NY Times, March 11, 2007, here: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/11/fashi ... yt&emc=rss

ASH holds the Ten Commandments as something to which one should pledge allegiance. Yet, the group consistently violates those commandments--lying, cheating, stealing, coveting, the whole nine yards. (FYI, ASH also advocates a global police force. Yipes.)

I've previously commented that Jesus' very first public miracle was turning water into wine--not for medicinal purposes but for a wedding *celebration*! (Mind you, drunkness is frowned upon. Who was it that got drunk in front of his daughters? Noah?) And, of course, our Creator is a big fan of choice in humanity. (People use guns to kill. Yet, we have the choice/right to bear arms and *murder*, which is a sin, is illegal. Note the difference between "kill" and "murder". We have choice.) Definitely Pro-Choice.
DancingTigerBait

Postby richlady248 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:17 pm

ASH holds the Ten Commandments as something to which one should pledge allegiance.

Do you have anything about this you can cut and paste or have links to, DTB? This is the first I've heard of any anti-groups being religion-oriented, except for one 20th century Jewish rabbi who was way into it. Is or was ASH affiliated with him?
richlady248

Postby DancingTigerBait » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:22 pm

richlady248 wrote:
ASH holds the Ten Commandments as something to which one should pledge allegiance.

Do you have anything about this you can cut and paste or have links to, DTB? This is the first I've heard of any anti-groups being religion-oriented, except for one 20th century Jewish rabbi who was way into it. Is or was ASH affiliated with him?

Ooooo...if only they were that nice. The link to ASH's "Pledge to the Ten Commandments" is here: http://ash.org/pledge.html

Click on the hyperlink that says "Click here to read a recent letter from the author of this pledge" (Direct link: http://ash.org/letter.html )

For ASH, the pledge to biblical laws has nothing to do with worshiping Our Lord. This is purely mind control methodology. They are using faith as a weapon--and the ultimate goal is a global police force. (If that doesn't scare you...*sigh*)
DancingTigerBait

Welcome John

Postby gianturci » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:12 am

Welcome, John from "Down Under"! :D

This is Gian from Italy. Shamefully so, I am a rare visitor in our own forum! My only justification is that I have so much stuff to do to "mind the store" that I rarely have the time to enjoy it.

If you have other people from Australia who can participate to this forum and/or be available for the Multimedia Program (spoken debates,interviews, etc.) tha would be interesting and lively. The idea is to openly speak about certain taboo issues that the mass-media have been directed to ignore, and to show that there is indeed a sizeable mass of people who do not like what is going on -- and not just in the smoking issue.

So I am looking forward to see you here -- and I apologize in advance for my scattered participation. It is not laziness, it is for the cause!

Take care, and nice to have you again.
Gian Turci
gianturci
Trusted Activist

Postby John_R » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:01 pm

Thanks Gian.

Unfortunately I am unable at this stage to find anyone else in this country that will take the time to review the evidence. All brainwashed and conformist I am afraid.

There are lots of people smoking on the street, and I am starting to talk to them, but this could take a while...
John_R

Return to Introductions Section