FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

This ones on me...next round is yours

If you so choose, place your introduction here, and again - we do Welcome you to FORCES. Also, please note that The Tavern has a LIVE CHAT feature, just click on the link above!

Postby DancingTigerBait » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:22 pm

Additional info on the short story--

Although the story is meant to parallel antismoking hysteria, I should add these to the end of the story:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Co ... 37,00.html
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070607/20070607006050.html?.v=1

In other words, the banning craze is not only going after alcohol, food and plastic bags. The mania really is attacking our pets--and, hence, our humanity. It was intended as fiction. But, no. It's real.
DancingTigerBait

Postby Machine » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:54 pm

There are no boundries to prohibition...this is what the public needs to understand. At some point, social engineering is going to effect everybody.

The question is...do most people want to be proactive and participate in their destiny; or reactive and provide nothing but lip-service when things don't suit them?

Don't get hung-up on what your voice sounds like--it's the message that counts.

The Machine 8)
Machine

Postby DancingTigerBait » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:56 pm

Machine wrote:There are no boundries to prohibition...this is what the public needs to understand. At some point, social engineering is going to effect everybody.

The question is...do most people want to be proactive and participate in their destiny; or reactive and provide nothing but lip-service when things don't suit them?

Don't get hung-up on what your voice sounds like--it's the message that counts.

The Machine 8)

No boundaries...mmm, hmmmm....

Here's a link to a picture given to me by "SanFrancisco" on TheBigDebate:
http://www.stahlheart.com/signofthetimes.jpg

Notice that "No Smoking" is not one of the prohibitions on the sign. The no smoking sign is separate. This is an actual picture from a park in San Francisco. (They've also outlawed plastic bags.) The smoking ban craze actually serves to PROVE to people that the "it can't happen here" mentality doesn't hold water. Simply remind people that the smoking ban craze BEGAN in California.

I would be happy to read--although I think Harlow is doing it now. I'm not exactly sure where you are. so, I'll send an e-mail. :-)

==> Stephanie
DancingTigerBait

Postby Harlow » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:19 pm

It occurred to me that we should both read - Stephanie could read her article and I have that one entitled "Your Favorite Supper Club/Restaurant- January 2017" , which tells us of what future dining out may be like. Better 2 readings than one!
Harlow

Postby DancingTigerBait » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:52 pm

Harlow wrote:It occurred to me that we should both read - Stephanie could read her article and I have that one entitled "Your Favorite Supper Club/Restaurant- January 2017" , which tells us of what future dining out may be like. Better 2 readings than one!

Cool! Where is your article? Is it online?
DancingTigerBait

Previous

Return to Introductions Section