FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

Once Upon A Time There Was A Tavern...

If you so choose, place your introduction here, and again - we do Welcome you to FORCES. Also, please note that The Tavern has a LIVE CHAT feature, just click on the link above!

Once Upon A Time There Was A Tavern...

Postby richlady248 » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:10 pm

Those were the days my friend... so the rest of it goes. Well, at least you can still light up in a cyber bar! Not too shabby. I'll be sure to stop by again. Such a pleasure to make your aquaintance -- and say hello again a few I've already met :D . When I think about it, I always used to do just about half of most of my bar hopping in the middle of the summer. The other half seemed mostly to occur in the dead of winter when it was totally freezing cold. Not no more. Anyone care to guess why :twisted: ?
richlady248

Postby gilster » Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:10 am

Hi RichLady - I see you are from NH on your tag-line.
You can still enjoy a Private Club in NH, time to sign up at your local private organizations.

This organization is really good, and an Elk member is welcomed at any lodge throughout the United States.
You just show your card as a member in good standing and sign a guest book.
http://www.elks.org/lodges/default.cfm
gilster

Postby richlady248 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:10 pm

While I opted for a lighthearted introduction, you must know we forumers are committed activists. Surely you kid me back. You couldn't really think it normal for one of us to run right out and sign up for a club as a FIRST thought when we keep hearing what our friends in OH and NY are going through.

I happened noticed your BOH newsletter post. I've been looking for something like this -- thanks. Though you use few words, you do provide unusual links.

If they do have reciprocal membership -- and since it's not more than two hours ride between most places in MA and NH -- you could always come to an Elks up here -- to take a break from your activism, that is :D . Like the restaurants though, many clubs in NH are going smoke-free because their members have voted for it.

What do you think about how they have been stealing smokers money down in MA for 14 years and using it against them? Did you speak on this before in any of your posts?
richlady248

Postby DancingTigerBait » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Hi, RichLady. Welcome to the Forces (cyber) Tavern. :-)
DancingTigerBait

Postby gilster » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:23 am

richlady248 wrote:What do you think about how they have been stealing smokers money down in MA for 14 years and using it against them? Did you speak on this before in any of your posts?

Yes....usually by stating I've bought cigs in NH for the past 14 years and don't know how much a pack costs in MA.
Now I don't know how much a pack costs in NH - as I MYO. 8)

Welcome to the Forum
gilster

Return to Introductions Section