FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

A new activist is born!

If you so choose, place your introduction here, and again - we do Welcome you to FORCES. Also, please note that The Tavern has a LIVE CHAT feature, just click on the link above!

A new activist is born!

Postby addiamond » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:21 pm

:x My name is Anthony. I wanted to join up w/ forces to do what I can to stop the demonization taking place in our society. I am a smoker of many years. In fact, I enjoy tobacco in many forms, such as cigars, the occasional dip, even snuff. Although frustrated by overtaxation and snobby non-smokers, I did not realize the insidious nature of the anti's until one day in my van. I pulled up to a busy intersection and found my self cupping my cigarette so no one would see me smoking. In my OWN CAR! That is when it really hit me that this constant barrage of shame, guilt and manipulation from the anti-smoking nazis was affecting me. Some personal reflection on my behavior would show more instances of "covering up my horrible addiction". Now I am fired up about doing something to stop this nonsense, and thanks to FORCES for giving me so much accessible info to use against these bastids. Smoke anyone?

Anthony
Last edited by addiamond on Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Once it hits your lips...it's so good!"

-Frank the Tank
addiamond

Hi! :-)

Postby DancingTigerBait » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:54 am

Welcome aboard, Anthony! You're not alone. Not at all. And the more people like you who realize how harmful the propaganda is, the better our chances. :-)

BTW, you'll notice that many of the most vocal anti-ban people are nonsmokers. After being subjected to the shaming and, at times, downright belligerent tactics of antismokers, it's important to remember that antismokers do NOT represent or serve nonsmokers. They take a heavy toll on everyone.

Welcome Aboard!

==> Stephanie
DancingTigerBait

Postby addiamond » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:18 am

Thanks, dancingtigerbait. I hope to become more involved in "activism", I am new to the whole game since I generally mind my own business.
Other than voting I have never been involved w/ politics directly, but this will soon change. :P
"Once it hits your lips...it's so good!"

-Frank the Tank
addiamond

Politically Motivated

Postby DancingTigerBait » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:12 pm

Hey, you do what you can when you can. Other do the same. together, we make things work! :-)

Cheers to your newborn activism! Show 'em what you're made of!

PS I don't usually end sentences with a preposition. I'm wondering if the need to make this disclaimer makes me...retentive in a certain sort of way? Oh, dear. LOL.
DancingTigerBait

Postby Harlow » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:43 am

Welcome Anthony. We are so glad to have you join us. Could you give us a status report on smoking bans in your area? And who implemented them - city council or unelected health departments? I am forever interested in exactly who enacts these restrictive laws and the names of the people themselves who are involved, so as to never vote for them in the future.
Harlow

Postby aerospeed » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:19 am

Welcome, Anthony! Glad to have you here.

Best,
Jim
aerospeed

Postby chido » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:29 am

Anthony,
Welcome, friend. Do not hide your cigarette from anyone.
It is one of the less offensive vices.
My advice is to start fighting now. In Ohio, I was unaware of the anti's plot to take away our rights until I was informed of the ballot issue about a year ago. It passed last November.
I've spent countless hours now researching the fraud that is being perpetrated about passive smoking. The anti-tobacco movement has no credibility and shouts down the opposition while ducking the evidence.
Help us expose them!
chido

WELCOME

Postby ladyteal » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:01 am

Welcome Anthony. Pull up a seat, light a cig, and enjoy!
ladyteal
ladyteal

Return to Introductions Section