FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

New and Pleased to be Here

If you so choose, place your introduction here, and again - we do Welcome you to FORCES. Also, please note that The Tavern has a LIVE CHAT feature, just click on the link above!

New and Pleased to be Here

Postby DancingTigerBait » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:15 pm

Hello. :-) My name is Stephanie. I'm very honored to be here and be part of an important movement. This entire FORCES site is wonderful--I love the way that the matter of smoking bans is now being presented as what it truly is--social engineering. I also love the way that there seems to be an international flavor here. My first confession here is that I've taken liberty and freedom for granted most of my life. I'm starting to understand why some people are willing to die for freedom; in fact, there have been anti-ban letters in my local newspaper from nonsmoking veterans who are appalled at how eagerly their fellow Americans vote to erode rights, liberties, freedom.... (I also wrote a Letter recently.) I'm more than a little nervous as this is my first time to post here.

I'm hoping that my second confession won't get too many people's dander up. (And it's a bit sad; so, feel free to jump to the next paragraph.) I got here because I was trying to quit smoking. I was doing some research on vaccinations and I wanted to write about what I'd learned, maybe get some good information into public consciousness. Part of what I'd learned concerned cancer. I thought nobody would believe me if I still smoked; they'd think I was merely rationalizing or chalk it up to some other excuse. Thus began my adventures in smoking cessation a couple of months ago, and I've been having nightmares ever since. The first reaction of some people is something like, "Oh! I know someone who smoked and got cancer!" It's like a game for which they expect to be rewarded if they get the "right" answer. Frankly, not everyone says that because it's not true for all that many people. In my own family, cancer has done some serious damage. My dad went into a hospital with a gall stone and came out with hepatitis; he was given massive doses of antibiotics, steroids and goodness knows what else. He got cancer and died in about a year. The current mentality is, "He smoked a pipe and got what he desrved, right?" (I won't go into the details of the nightmares.) Last May, an aunt died of lung cancer--a nonsmoker in a nonsmoking environment, who spent most of her adult life as a nurse. Honestly, for all of the horrid things that are said and done to smokers, nonsmokers with lung cancer are treated just as poorly by antismokers because they can't handle the reality; it threatens their "right" to behave like obnoxious fools toward smokers. In my family, nonsmokers are definitely losing on the cancer front. I actually had someone tell me, "Your family isn't real life." Maybe he thinks we're all cartoons, despite the fact that I'm not unique in this? I can honestly say that smoking has never been as hard on my heart as my brief stint into smoking cessation--and, now, I find there's a WHO study to back that up! Well, anyway, antismokers weren't making much sense and spouting garbage that wouldn't even qualify as a pseudo-science. Thus began my research into the "dangers" of SHS and smoking.I I can't begin to describe how disgusted I am by the affront to science, the continual degrading of humanity and the political strong-arming of antismoking movements.

Please forgive me if this all sounds like a downer, so to speak. Actually, I've enjoyed smoking for about thirty years. I also enjoy yoga, my cats, and math. I suppose that I'm a writer by trade--a couple of books, some academic articles and a few other things. I've read through quite a number of posts here and I hope to become a valuable part of what's happening here.

Peace,
Stephenie
DancingTigerBait

Postby aerospeed » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:28 am

Hello Stephenie,

Welcome to FORCES and the Tavern!

I'm not the official greeter or anything like that, just another member trying to make a dent in the anti hysteria. I just thought I would say Hi to a brand new member of the Tavern.

There's a wealth of information here, as you've seen and once armed with the truth, you're going to be able to make an informed decision about if you want to quit or not. A real Informed decision...! That's the key, imo.

Anyway, welcome to the Forum!

Best regards,
Jim
aerospeed

Postby DancingTigerBait » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:47 pm

Aerospeed, you're a Godsend. :-)

Thank you so much for understanding. I've often likened writing to possession. I get a bee in my bonnet--this time over vaccinations--and just won't give it up. LOL, "nonwriters" just don't get it. ;-) I still think that smoking cessation should be entered cautiously and wisely. I have an uncle who had a heart attack shortly after he quit. Of course, it was stress-related! Smoking is a good, powerful de-stresser, and stress causes problems. Above all, you understand the reason that, while I was in the midst of the "quitting" thing, I still went to the neighboring town for lunch rather than patronize a restaurant in the recently banned town where I live. The ostracizing, banning, demonizing and feuding must end. And, oh, the abuse and miscarriage of so-called "science" must be exposed and summarily dealt with.

You're right that this a goldmine of information. I was familiar with Enstrom and Siegel, and Gori. I also knew about MONICA and the WHO report from Lyons. The social/political implcations are frightening--and I was aware of the Nazi connection. I think some people are starting to wake-up. It all seems so overwhelming, but people can be amazing when the need arises. For my part, I've gained a new appreciation for freedom, and maybe that's a lesson that I needed to learn.

Thank you for your welcome. :-)

==> Stephanie
DancingTigerBait

welcome

Postby beachsmoker » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:58 pm

DancingtigerBait, welcome! You're just across the land mass from me (Cocoa Beach). I had decided last year I was going to quit "for my health" and I didn't like the taste or smell anymore, but I didn't tell anyone since I had always said I would never quit and my last cigarette would be right before they buried me.

Then our fantastic city council decided to ban smoking on the beach. So....the rest they say is history. What I found here was all the chemicals they were adding to the cigarettes (or were removing per the MSA) were what was grossing me out in taste and smell. I wasn't smoking what I had grew up with! I switched to natural brand of cigarettes and enjoy it once again.

And, unfortunately, or fortunately, when someone tells me I can't do something, watch out becuase it will then become my passion!

The outcome of my "passion"? Cocoa Beach Citizens for Freedom - 1, Cocoa Beach City Council - 0. The voters here retained liberty and freedom for all who live here.

Welcome!!
beachsmoker

Beachsmoker

Postby DancingTigerBait » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Hi! :-)

Thanks so much! I've seen many of your posts--and big congrats on the beachs!!

We had a recent election. (I'm in Champaign, IL, now But I'll be going back to FL in a couple of months.) The voters chose 3 of 5 candidates--including the two who said they would rescind (at least partially) the recently enacted ban. If I have my way...these bans are toast. No compromise--and that's regardless of whether or not I decide to quit! As it happens, I'm in the process of switching to a natural brand. Fortunately, there's a good tobaccanist in town, but I'm afraid these bans are driving them out of business.

I'm trying my best right now to put together a letter for the state Legislature before they vote on the state ban. In fact, I'm online now trying to find the 1964 Surgeon General's report; I think infinitethoughts found it. As I get more involved, I notice that many opponents of bans are nonsmokers and many smokers simply knuckle-under to pressures.

Something else I find interesting....
I can't begin to say how vicious antismokers--even even some nonsmokers--were when I said that I was trying to quit. I was so afraid of the response I'd get here when I mentioned smoking cessation. Yet, here is where I've gotten the most suppostive responses--regardless of my decision to quit or switch to a different brand or whatever.

I'm learning so much! Thank you again for the warm (beachy) welcome!

==> Stephanie
DancingTigerBait

Poem

Postby DancingTigerBait » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:17 pm

No Lounge here. so, i'm sticking this in my Intro Section. :-)

Witch Doctor Disease

You criticize me with your words of disdain,
But the truth will out--and I will remain.
I'm good to myself, thank you very much.
So, if you believe that smokes are my crutch,
Then maybe you project your own weakness--
You need to cast stones, that's my best guess.

A speck in my eye but a log in yours.
False leaders abound--when it rains, it pours.
To strengthen your crutch, you need to deceive.
Drug-ridden studies to nourish your peeves.
(Real life belies the shoddy statistics.
Keep it up and you're in a fix!)
Rely on fabricated images,
Destroy liberty in growing stages.

Your sins are too clear; you're ashamed, I'll bet.
So, you shun the hallmarks of plain etiquette.
But beliefs have a way of coming to life,
So, make sure you profess what's honest and right.
Speak dire predictions and one might come true.
The sour fruit borne of the likes of you.

My life is my own and you're not welcome
To spread ignorance and strife in my home.
When witch doctor's claims and hex effect reigns,
We rise and become the voice of the sane.
Our strength and will can only prove
That the cancer of tyranny lies in you.

Where does this lead? This talk of disease?
Harm the people of whom you speak,
Only to descend the slippery slope
And extinguish the light of your best hope.
Will you continue your tirades of hate,
When your body becomes property of State?

The bloody business of antismoking,
Where fools and nonsense are queen and king.
Your peurile tactics are foolish and base,
Take your words of doom and get out of my face!
Your malice means nothing.
Death, where is thy sting?

Man,( Witchy-Poo, you need to do some yoga! )
Last edited by DancingTigerBait on Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DancingTigerBait

Postby Phil Williams » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:50 am

Hi DancingTigerBait
This fight for freedom is trully international, what an army we could make. All those years the British and Irish were at each others throats and all we needed was smoking bans to end the hatred and unite both sides in a common struggle. If only the brainwashed masses could see the slavery they are consigning themselves to, one freedom at a time.
Hmm! That last line might work in a poem. I'm getting figity again through lack of social life.
Thanks for the welcoming PM. I might just brouse the forum for a while before I pluck up the nerve to join in any of the threads. This internet malarky is my only window that looks out of miserable Britian, and what do I see? Global missery, there's nowhere to escape to so we all have to stand our ground.
If we won the war, why are we ruled by nazis?
Phil Williams

Postby Harlow » Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:07 am

Hi Phil. WELCOME. I love your statement "If we won the war, why are we ruled by Nazis". I personally know some Veterans who are outraged that they fought Hitler, and are now are subjugated to Hitler's own smoking bans.
Again, welcome! Hope you post lots and lots.
Harlow

Postby DancingTigerBait » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:44 pm

Phil Williams wrote:Hi DancingTigerBait
This fight for freedom is trully international, what an army we could make. All those years the British and Irish were at each others throats and all we needed was smoking bans to end the hatred and unite both sides in a common struggle. If only the brainwashed masses could see the slavery they are consigning themselves to, one freedom at a time.
Hmm! That last line might work in a poem. I'm getting figity again through lack of social life.
Thanks for the welcoming PM. I might just brouse the forum for a while before I pluck up the nerve to join in any of the threads. This internet malarky is my only window that looks out of miserable Britian, and what do I see? Global missery, there's nowhere to escape to so we all have to stand our ground.

Ah, Merry Ol' England! And then we venture into the great Emerald Isle, Scotland, Wales.... (SheppyBoy gave me a couple of great Welsh links: http://www.churchstretton.co.uk/gallery ... s&image=50 and http://www.virtual-shropshire.co.uk/gal ... 123wt_0003 ). How could anyone think of trashing such places by breeding such hatred as antismoking?

Yes, the veterans have been more than shafted. (Remember the one in Canada? The man who died in this article was a WWII veteran-- http://www.topix.net/forum/world/T1Q8QP95EH8JOAO7U See the comments from "Rachel M" for a real scare.) I confess--and this might hit home for you--I never appreciated the military until now. More to the point, I never appreciated FREEDOM until I realized how close we are to losing it. I was always sick to hear of politicans taking ill-advantage of our military forces but, now, I think of things like Iraq and...I shudder. (Or worse, how our military is often used for guinea pigs in medical experiments--like vaccines.) I have a whole new appreciation for freedom and fighting for freedom--and I do have the antismoking lobby to thank for that.

As for losing our freedoms, one at a time, see the "Evil" posts from WinstonSmith. Incrementalism. I've previously heard it as "salami tactics" and the "frog soup" recipe. (Put a frog in a pan of boiling water and he'll jump out. Put a frog in water and slowly turn up the heat and, pretty soon, you have frog soup.) Interestingly, I'm saving these NAZI-Evil-Incrementalism ideas for my Christian page; the biggest fan of choice is the ONE who gave us choice from the start, whether or not we always make the "right" choices. The antismoking movement contains no person who can determine what the "right" choices are for us--but the one who *can* make that determination still gave us choice. It's *that* important, good and right for us to have choice and freedom.

Okay, enough from me, LOL! I should get on the healthyliving page.

PS As for bringing British, Irish and everybody together...
The idea of a "common enemy" has often been used to bring people together. In fact, I've heard that was one of the ideas behind antisemitism in NAZI Germany. Once the masses focused on hating Jews (or gypsies or homosexuals), they were more apt to bond together in their hatred. Supposedly, that bonding makes a group of people stronger.
DancingTigerBait

Return to Introductions Section