FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

Convenience Stores Canada

If you so choose, place your introduction here, and again - we do Welcome you to FORCES. Also, please note that The Tavern has a LIVE CHAT feature, just click on the link above!

Convenience Stores Canada

Postby SmokerAtoZ » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:34 pm

During the year 2009 a total of 2300 stores shut down. Why ? Bet you got it. High Credit Card Fees and Smoke Tax as reported by the Canadian Convenience Store Association today April 7/2010. This represents about 10% of all stores. As you can can see the Governments of Canada are doing it all for us the benefactors of their very wise political will. Of course the Association will be contacting the government about this who will tell them you actually improved your bottom lines with less people same old. I would presume the same is true in the USA as the pubs in the UK. As of late I also see Obama has shut down the mail order smoke business in the USA one of the businesses the government created in the first place. I think before too long some things are going to have to change if there is to be a small business community able to survive,
while the big box store and franchise operators sit back and watch.
SmokerAtoZ

Re: Convenience Stores Canada

Postby SmokerAtoZ » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:08 pm

I would also like to add that smoker cessation products had no ability whatsoever to to keep these stores from shutting down but took up valuable space.
SmokerAtoZ

Return to Introductions Section