FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

Greetings

If you so choose, place your introduction here, and again - we do Welcome you to FORCES. Also, please note that The Tavern has a LIVE CHAT feature, just click on the link above!

Greetings

Postby The Agitator » Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Greetings & Salutations,

I was introduced to FORCES a few years ago by my mother in law, and later my wife. Frankly, I never paid a lot of attention to civil rights or my own personal liberty until a few years ago when I began to smoke and saw the way smokers are treated with the kind of mild neglect and apathy given to the homeless or a stray animal. Since becoming a smoker, this issue has been a mild irritant up until recently when I had a personal experience of being ostracized simply for my choice in lifestyle. Sadly, it took a personal issue for me to see the universal plight we all face. Now, I'm here and I am ready to act.

I look forward to the thoughtful discourse that my family claims is the hallmark of these forums and thank you in advance for any advice or contributions you offer in the coming days, weeks, or years.

The Agitator
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself."
-Thomas Paine
The Agitator

Re: Greetings

Postby smallbird » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:38 pm

Welcome Agitator! :D
smallbird

Postby WinstonSmith » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:04 am

Welcome, Agitator!

From what you've written, I take it that you're wife and mother-in-law read her, but don't post. Let them know that, like you, their participation is welcome here in the Tavern.

There are a lot of sections on here and I think that makes people worry that they're going to post in the "wrong place". So, just FYI, Post wherever you think is fit.
WinstonSmith
Trusted Activist

Postby jredheadgirl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Welcome Agitator!
jredheadgirl

Postby SmokerAtoZ » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:14 pm

As a new comer to the board I would like to offer some food for thought. As a smoker I pay an incredible amount of tax for my smoking lifestyle in Canada I do not think it necessary to tell you where it all goes you all probably know. There seems to be no way to stop it, and it seems to be collected for the benefit of some one elses lifestyle benefit. I propose that the smoker should take a long and hard look at the charities who have no problem taking your money then using it against you. Smokers have always been generous and caring people it is time to stop. A good many of the charites are run by people who are highly paid willing to do anything to keep their job to the point of lying not good use of your money. I think the smoker should take a stand against these charities and make your feelings known and ask them what your tobacco tax is doing for yourself (should be some weird answers). Every Smokers Web page should take this issue on as well with the politician come voting time. Get tough and send them packing !!!
SmokerAtoZ

Postby jredheadgirl » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:06 pm

Welcome to the forum SmokerAtoZ!

I totally agree. It's time to get tough. It would be nice if we could find a way to follow the money...ie., to see exactly how many "non-profits" and "charities" are spending our money...how much?....and where it all goes... it is our money after all and we are not sub-human creatures with no rights.
jredheadgirl

Postby SmokerAtoZ » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:32 am

Hello jredheadgirl, nice that you agree with my post but you really have to be tough. All the facts and figures are in even though thay are lies we do not need any more facts and figures, it is do it time. For example if your Bingo Hall was shut down after NO SMOKING BAN why should you have to go out of your way to support a charity that you were already doing ? A lot of smokers are just not getting it, if you stop giving to the charities let the non-smoker worry about the mathematics. Do not get me wrong I am not a meanie I will give to the charities again when my mathematics tells me to. There are other areas this should apply besides charities, you do not have to hand over your money just to be insulted for living your life the way you see fit
SmokerAtoZ

Postby jredheadgirl » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:26 pm

If you are referring to anti smoking "charities" like the American Legacy Foundation, etc....Of course I don't give to them. I'm a musician anyway...and musicians tend to not have a whole lot of money to throw around anyway:-)
jredheadgirl

Postby smokiebear » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:11 am

welcome!

I just found the forum, I'm happy to see there are other pro-smokers on the planet.
smokiebear

Postby Ariel » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:57 am

other? Sheesh! There's bazillions of us. Everyone who ever lights a cigarette, cigar or pipe is a pro-smoker -- although s/he may not know it yet.
Ariel

Return to Introductions Section