FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

Hi everyone

If you so choose, place your introduction here, and again - we do Welcome you to FORCES. Also, please note that The Tavern has a LIVE CHAT feature, just click on the link above!

Re: Hi everyone

Postby gary k » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:37 am

Welcome back!!! :D
gary k

Postby Harlow » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:53 am

Good to be back again and hope the multi-media portal will be re-established also. :D
Harlow

Re:

Postby admin » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:26 am

5aday wrote:Glad everyone enjoys the fact that I'm here. In response to Ariel's question I think most college aged smokers are generally to busy worrying about grades, and studying to have the time to get involved in the pro-smoking movement. Keep in mind also that most college students, (including myself) get their news through the internet and social networking groups (i.e. facebook, twitter). Does forces have a youtube channel? If not, (I've never seen one) then that would be an easy way to inform large groups of people, and, it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to simply transfer some of the videos from the multimedia section of forces to youtube.

Hello and Welcome 5aday! Maryetta here, president of FORCES International and admin here. We do have facebook page for me, but not one just for forces.org (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 5&ref=name) and youtube (http://www.youtube.com/FORCESInternational)- but we do not have volunteers to keep either populated or active - as was the case with the change.org (http://www.change.org/forces)site also. Should anyone be interested in taking on the responsibility of keeping those site active (copy and paste content from forces.org or original material) either the youtube or change.org sites it would be greatly appreciated. One does not have to do both or all, there can and should be a person for each site. Creating a facebook page for forces.org is needed also. As you can see our Board members cannot do everything - we need volunteers to expand into the various social media sites or they end up as obsolete, stagnant pages- in that case "nothing is better than something"!
admin
Site Admin

Postby trevorlawrence » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:54 am

Hi All,

I joined the group not long ago, but waited to make my introduction until I'd had a chance to read more posts and get a better feel for the group. I have been happy to see that not only is the forum quite active, but that the members seem quite diverse in their practice, as this leads to very interesting discussions. I appreciate what appears to be a general policy of courtesy mixed with a healthy shot of straight-talk.

I hope somebody would welcome me and would just say Hi!!! No matter, it can be the moderators itself or the forum members.

I wish you guys a happy and a prosperous new year in advance.
trevorlawrence

Postby jredheadgirl » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:55 pm

trevorlawrence wrote:Hi All,

I joined the group not long ago, but waited to make my introduction until I'd had a chance to read more posts and get a better feel for the group. I have been happy to see that not only is the forum quite active, but that the members seem quite diverse in their practice, as this leads to very interesting discussions. I appreciate what appears to be a general policy of courtesy mixed with a healthy shot of straight-talk.

I hope somebody would welcome me and would just say Hi!!! No matter, it can be the moderators itself or the forum members.

I wish you guys a happy and a prosperous new year in advance.

Welcome Trevorlawrence! Where are you from?
Last edited by jredheadgirl on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
jredheadgirl

Postby Ariel » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:56 pm

Welcome trevorlawrence! Glad to meetcha!
Ariel

Postby WinstonSmith » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:20 pm

Welcome Trevorlawrence! Please don't be shy about posting.
WinstonSmith
Trusted Activist

Postby smallbird » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:56 pm

We always need new insights!

Welcome Trevorlawrence! 8)
smallbird

Previous

Return to Introductions Section