FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

Resign

If you so choose, place your introduction here, and again - we do Welcome you to FORCES. Also, please note that The Tavern has a LIVE CHAT feature, just click on the link above!

Resign

Postby azmac » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:59 am

I am not a very good writer so I hope you understand what I say.
This forum reminds me of the company I worked for or our government.
I have tried to reply to some of the posts and you have to be in that CLICK to post. do not like organizations who support private clicks.
Please take off you list.
azmac

Postby Phil Williams » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:49 pm

Hi Azmac, you only need to register as a member to post on the threads. It's free and easily done, then you can post to your hearts content. And your input would be most welcome.

Welcome to Forces, regards Phil (aka HairyChestnuts)
If we won the war, why are we ruled by nazis?
Phil Williams

Postby WinstonSmith » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:12 pm

Azmac,

I have a private forum to which I've invited posters whom I recognize as trustworthy. We keep this closed area so FORCES matters can be discussed in private. I apologize for not inviting you, but I'm not that familiar with you from what you've posted.

The Clear Message of the Day is read-only for the purposes of providing information to visitors of the Tavern and possible article topics. It's not intended to be a discussion area. Ariel was able to enter and post due to a glitch and misunderstanding which I've already discussed with her.

Thank You,

Winston
WinstonSmith
Trusted Activist

Postby azmac » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:12 pm

Tried to post a reply on several posts and it says I have to be a moderator to post. It is find and dandy if you have your private places but if I can read the post I should be able to reply.
I can go to another post and post a reply. Nope I find to many clicks in here. That why I do most of my Posting at the smokers club.
azmac

Postby WinstonSmith » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:41 pm

Apparently, the Clear Message of the Day is causing a bit of confusion. I placed a sticky at the top of the thread introducing this but apparently it's not doing the job. My apologies.

Azmac, regarding cliques--I think that everyone here is very receptive and welcoming to new people (as Phil demonstrated above), so I'm not sure why you believe there are cliques. I'd rather you didn't leave, as our intent is to attract more people, not turn them away. We have some closed forums for dedicated purposes. This was an accomodation for existing members that was made when we opened up the board to all (this used to be a member's only board).

The Clear Message of the Day is something that I'm working on exclusively. It is not a closed board, but a place I requested to post some articles of interest. No one else can post there. However, you are not the only one who has asked to be able to comment on those items--and I'm glad for that, and you should be able to. I have some ideas on that but I will have to work with Maryetta on it, but that is going to require her time and mine, so I'd appreciate it if all were patient until we can iron that out. Otherwise, I'll just have to scrap the idea, and I'd rather not do that.

If we just open up that section, it almost immediately destroy my intentions for it. Then we'll just have another discussion section here when there's already 20 or so. It's something that I'm volunteering to maintain and it requires a small amount of work and research and I'd like to present items there in a particular format.

BTW, If anyone wants a space over which they want to exercise editorial control to use as a bulletin board for items they are interested in posting, I'm sure you can request it. There's no intention of being elitist or cliquish. :D
WinstonSmith
Trusted Activist

Postby smallbird » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:27 am

Please don't resign, Azmac! I enjoy reading your thoughts! :?
smallbird

Return to Introductions Section