FORCES Tavern: We welcome you to The Tavern, you are welcome to browse and read, but please register to post.

Hello from the Windy City

If you so choose, place your introduction here, and again - we do Welcome you to FORCES. Also, please note that The Tavern has a LIVE CHAT feature, just click on the link above!

Hello from the Windy City

Postby Jay » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:22 am

I'm Jay. I'm a Black/hood smoker from Chicago. I've been involved with smoking activism for the past 4 years. I guess I'm the direct oposite of an antismoker....I love smoking 100 percent. And I'm used to seeing underage people smoke too. But since I'm a hood person, it ain't a surprise for me to see underage smokers in my town.

I do know it's a lie smoking bans are supposed to help curb underage smoking. I'd say kids still have a deep interest in smoking around here ever since Chicago first had a city ban (and now a state ban).

Smoking bans are supposed to motivate me to quit period. But despite having a ban, adults are still lighting up. But the difference is they sneaking into tavern/ballpark restrooms to smoke now.

I'm sure antis think I'm more of a Big Tobacco rep and not just a prosmoking activist. LOL

Oh yeah, I'm the same Jay with that smokers rights blog.
Jay

Postby gilster » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:51 am

Hi Jay, Welcome to the Tavern
I thought you were already here - what took you so long? :D
gilster

Postby Jay » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:57 am

I knew of FORCES all along. But me didn't know there's a forum on this site til Dee asked if she can bring up my blog's poll on here.

I gave her my permission to promote my blog and its poll. And I found the forum on this great site now.
Jay

Postby Dee » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:23 am

Hello Jay!

Great to see you here!
Dee

Postby Ariel » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:48 pm

Hiya Jay! -- Welcome!
Ariel

Postby Jay » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:19 pm

Thanks for the welcome all, including Ariel.

It's neat there's a section in here devoted to smokers in Africa. :)
Jay

Postby Phil Williams » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi Jay, greetings from miserable facist Britain.
If we won the war, why are we ruled by nazis?
Phil Williams

Postby WinstonSmith » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:35 pm

Jay,

Checked out your blog. Glad to have you aboard. Please feel free to let some of those deep thoughts rip here in The Tavern so we can all comment on them.
WinstonSmith
Trusted Activist

Postby Jay » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:40 pm

Yeah, I just let it out on my thoughts about the ruling. And how some of these smokers online peed me off for thinking I'm nuts and stupid for suggessting smokers to use guns while smoking outside if we ever see outdoor smoking bans become more common.

But De is right. If every smoker used a gun while smoking outside for self-protection from antis, then smoking bans would neva work...and that's the hidden point behind smokers learning to protect themselves when prohibition on tobacco reaches the next level.

In order to make smoking bans disappear, smokers need to put up a literal fight with antis. And smokers need to disregard every NO SMOKING sign out there.
Jay

Postby Jay » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:20 pm

This place is very prosmoking-friendly. I notice I'm listed as a mod on here now.

One of my fantasies is to trash a place with all antismokers in it as part of a "smokers gang," and see that smoke-free place turn ito a smokey place in a flash. I wouldn't mind returning the favor to antis for all of the offensive thangs they called smokers. And that anti online who said "I wish I could put some frickin bullets into all smokers' heads!" I wouldnt mind doing the same thang to you, you son of a Bch, while I watch a smokers gang trash a popular joint for you guys.

This world would be a betta place if all antis could get killed overnite. :twisted:
Jay

Postby chuckles » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:21 am

welcome Jay.
chuckles

Postby tnsmoker » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Welcome, Jay!
Smoke'em if ya got'em!
tnsmoker

Postby DancingTigerBait » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:22 am

Hi, Jay. :-)

My apologies for not welcoming you earlier.

I'm Stephanie and the current Prez of Forces. I like your blog and would like to add a link to it on my personal website, too.

I'm sure you'll find many folks here who share many of your views--and I hope you'll find some new and interesting ideas here as well.

Best Wishes,
Stephanie
DancingTigerBait

Postby Jay » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:48 pm

Hey Stephanie,

You have my permission to post a link to my blog on your personal site. I hate antis as much as I do with racists. Both of those groups need to die one day, so the world can become safer and more peaceful. And no, I ain't wishing for a Black USA. LOL
Jay

Postby Jay » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:49 pm

I have a new URL for my blog, for anyone on here who's been reading it.

My new blog URL is:

http://prossmoker.net

As you can see, the blog is still the same. I ain't gonna say "Change your bookmarks" cause I think if anyone tries going to my blog's OLD address, they'll be auto-redirected to the new address when the transition is complete.

I notice at my new blog address, I can publish documents as public webpages. That sounds like an interesting idea for smoking activists who have documents (like say a "Facts about smoking bans" page) and they wanna give their document more publicity on the net.
Jay

Return to Introductions Section